15 Jun Benefits of Google My Business & Bing Places Listings
If your business is online or you have an online presence, then you want to get the word out about your brand any way possible. The more eyeballs you can get on your website, the better. Without traffic, your website or business might as well not exist. One of the very best ways to get traffic and draw attention to your brand and current offers is with a Google My Business listing or a Bing Places listing.
What Is Google My Business Listing?
- The great thing about a Google My Business listing is it’s completely free. It gives you an easy way to manage your business presence online, where you can include or edit your business information, location, opening hours and so on.
- It’s a really simple to use online tool that is designed to help you get more exposure to your target audience, which also includes your business location. Google My Business, also known simply as GMB, is virtually essential for local SEO.
What Are the Benefits of Google My Business?
There are a number of benefits of Google My Business. Let’s quickly list some of the key highlights:
- An easy way to manage your business information and keep it current
- GMB provides a way for you to interact with your customers or client base
- It can help you better understand your online presence and how customers find you online
- Create GMB posts to promote time-sensitive offers
- Upload announcement posts for any changes in your business
- Create GMB posts on just about anything relevant to your business, including directing your customers and followers to specific pages on your website, such as a product page or blog post
- Create Smart Campaigns to spread the word about your business, campaigns you can track and trace
What Is Bing Places?
- Google might be the biggest search engine, but it’s not the only player in the game. Many people prefer to use Bing as their default search engine, so it’s important to list your business information on Bing Places as well.
- It’s similar to GMB and to complete your online presence, you really want to be listed in both. There is a good chance Bing already knows your business, so it’s usually a matter of claiming your business listing, completing your listing profile and verifying that you own the business.
What Are the Benefits of Bing Places?
Let’s quickly take a snapshot of some of the important benefits of a Bing Places listing:
- Business listings are totally free
- Drive more traffic and exposure to your brand and your offers
- You will improve the visibility of your business in Bing searches
- Keep your business information up-to-date with ease
- Add your website link to your Bing Places listing and drive more relevant search traffic to your site
- Add time-sensitive deals and discounts to Bing Places and set an expiry date
- Bing Places helps build social proof for your business, as things like Yelp reviews are automatically posted in your listing
- Have access to analytics regarding the performance of your Bing Places listing
Following best practices while creating & optimising these listings are fruitful for the Local SEO.